Tuesday, August 19, 2008

its all in the guts

Connect IDE to disk drive making sure cable select is pinned correctly
insert ram horizontally, remove video card for easier insertion and replace
DOS dir a:
BIOS check for master status and boot device
drop screws on floor while trying to tighten up alignment of HDD
insert dummy ROM to cover up fact that rom slot cover is broken
trip over case cover from another computer three or four times


ok you want me to type in English right , not sure if I can had my head stuck inside the computers guts for most of the morning sounds disgusting that does
well it kind of is, was a bit of dust in there
Anyway computer is fixed now Frank the computer that is, he's all back and running again using the parts from another computer yet agian.
Someone broke his face though so it looks like he has two roms (burner and CD) doesn't actually ones a dummy not plugged in because the plastic plate "hole" cover wont stay on now very annoying because that one was painted to match
It should look the same as its partner .. is a silly thing I know but we have matching cases, keyboards and mice only Frank doesn't match now he's slightly "off"
Anyway won't explain what I had to do inside Franks guts if you didn't understand what I wrote first you'll have no idea what I did
No kidding though I wish those pin selectors would come off easier have to use tweezers to get them out and I've dropped one or two inside cases before, things are so tiny and slipperly as well they should have knobs on them so you can get them off easier with your fingers and don't get me going about case wires either change cases the wires for the lights never fit on the pins on the motherboard
The ram wouldn't go in because the Video card was in the way had to take that out to get the ram in and then out it back

Ok I'll shut up I'm talking "computer lingo" again, I've been in the guts I've fixed the guts up and now we have a computer without guts because its guts are in this one, well parts of them anyway
and no I did not put a sheep in the computer LoL that would be silly

No comments: